The Motion Designer role is responsible for designing and producing animated content for content across all of our media platforms. The Motion Designer will be produce content for Little Caesars Arena, the Detroit Red Wings, 313 Presents, the Detroit Tigers, and our original live stream programs.
- Create dynamic motion artwork for videoboards, ribbon signage, projection systems, and other digital displays throughout the arena district.
- Treating video features, promotions, social media content, and other forms of video with animation and design elements.
- Works independently on some projects and collaborate with teammates on other assignments.
- Create engaging content for our social media platforms and in-venue entertainment.
Supplemental Job Functions
- Other tasks, projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of two (2) years animation and design experience.
- Must have an ever-evolving understanding of the latest techniques and visual trends, as well as the ability to incorporate them into existing formats and brand guidelines.
- Must be proficient in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D, Element 3D or another 3D software of choice is preferred.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- College degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is necessary.
- Must maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Must have working knowledge of basic administrative office computer programs, on Mac workstations.
- Knowledge and interest in sports is preferred.
- Work hours will typically take place Monday through Friday but may differ based on need.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exposure to high noise level.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to a facility environment, outside weather conditions, extreme cold/heat, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places; and fumes or airborne particles.
- The colleague frequently is required to sit. The colleague is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires long periods of time on feet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.