The position partners with functional leaders to develop and implement HR solutions that support relevant strategic goals and provides comprehensive HR generalist support to colleagues. The position serves as a primary consultant to leaders in maximizing results using sound HR practices, providing reliable direction and counsel on HR related issues and/or services while ensuring consistency and compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Handles colleague relations issues and makes recommendations to resolve concerns and/or improve morale.
- Monitors, audits, and investigates HR related matters and regulations including, but not limited to sexual harassment, discrimination, ADA, FMLA, Wage and Hour, EEOC, DOL.
- Provides individual coaching to colleagues at all organizational levels related to performance, misconduct and policy violations as needed.
- Partners with leaders on developing workforce and succession plans.
- Works to develop and revise policies, practices, and procedures, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between departments (payroll, benefits, workers compensation, communications etc.).
- Teaches classes as needed and directed by Director of Human Resources.
- Responsible for communication of all HR policies, procedures, and initiatives to colleagues.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to all HR related matters and information.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding practices policies, policy and employment law.
- Create reports as necessary.
- Promptly responds to all requests relating to unemployment and represents company at unemployment hearings.
- Monitors performance management process to ensure compliance.
- Facilitates immigration matters.
Supplemental Job Functions
- Assists and plans events and programs, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of formal degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a human resources generalist/business partner. Minimum 3 years employee relations experiences consulting with senior management.
- Possesses experience and knowledge in both functional and strategic aspects of Human Resources in at least two of the following areas organizational design, reward and recognition, leadership development and workforce planning
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond quickly and creatively to changing and sometimes competing priorities.
- Identify and resolve potential or existing problems, implement change, identify training needs, or other HR related issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and conflict resolution skills and organizational skills. The ability to communicate information one on one, or to a group.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal labor/EEO laws.
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Suite.
- The ability to work in a busy environment with constant interactions with people of a variety of different ages, personalities, cultures, and educational backgrounds.
- Possess a valid driver’s license from the state of residence and a reliable vehicle to complete responsibilities as required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Human Resources.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Exposure to colleague confrontations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.