The Sales Manager is responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through the integrated packaging of the Company’s teams, entities and various buildings in the areas of radio, signage, publications, promotions, web / social media, virtual signage, tickets, suites and hospitality. Also responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial market activation program
- Achieve established sales goals as set by supervisor.
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships through industry networking, use of third-party lead services, trade publications, and cold calls.
- Prepare and deliver business proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Cultivate new corporate partner relationships and optimize existing accounts through outstanding customer service to drive sponsorship revenues and facilitate marketing partnerships.
- Work closely with assigned corporate partnership marketing manager to ensure contractual fulfillment with an emphasis towards maximizing cross promotional opportunities.
- Maximize category yield in all major categories through the sale of fully integrated partnerships.
- Work game days and special events to entertain existing partners and prospects.
- Provide weekly reports on sales activity and results to track individual performance, inventory and revenue.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization on corporate partner related programs and cross selling opportunities including game operations, community relations, public relations, ticket sales, marketing and building operations.
- Assist in artwork/copy collection for signage, print and media from their respective client base.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years in corporate sales, preferably in professional sports or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team sales goals.
- Superior knowledge regarding the practices and principles related to the sale and implementation of corporate partnership.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with corporate clients and co-workers.
- Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to workdays, nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to drive to and from client sales meetings.
Preferred Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Preferably has advertiser contact and relationships in the Detroit area.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.