Are you an enthusiastic, highly motivated, philanthropic, and hard-working individual? Do you strive to craft memorable moments for our fans? Then we want you to represent the Red Wings 50/50 Raffle and the Detroit Red Wings Foundation!
The Detroit Red Wings Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is seeking a 50/50 event staff team to help promote our raffle fundraiser. In this position, you will be the driving force behind the Red Wings 50/50 Raffle program. The 50/50 raffles take place during all Detroit Red Wings home games, where one lucky winner receives 50% of the jackpot and the remaining 50% is directed to the Detroit Red Wings Foundation to support ongoing charitable efforts.
You will be responsible for assisting the Community Impact Manager with 50/50 Raffle management beginning prior to when doors open through the end of the game. This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a seasonal, part-time position and is based in Detroit, MI.
· Coordinate set up, clean up, and storage of 50/50 Raffle equipment
· Assist with supervising and training 50/50 Raffle volunteers
· Assist with volunteer audit process, including cash counting and accounting
· Assist with troubleshooting and in-game management of raffle volunteers, supplies, kiosks, tablets and printers
· Arrive at Little Caesars Arena (3) hours prior to game time (arrival time is subject to change)
· Occasional game day selling of raffle tickets to Red Wings fans within Little Caesars Arena in either a stationary kiosk location or as a roaming sales representative
· Approach and speak to a large number of fans each game
· Use mobile handheld or stationary device and printers for the sale of 50/50 Raffle tickets
· Accurately handle and maintain security of cash from raffle ticket sales until reconciliation at the end of each shift
· Communicate and educate fans about 50/50 Raffle details and rules
· Assist with Detroit Red Wings Foundation fundraising events including, but not limited to the following:
o Coordinate set up and storage of event elements (silent/live auction, registration, gifts, etc.)
o Assist with a variety of event-related logistics (registration, event management, auction check-out process, etc.)
o Assist with non-signature fundraising events at Little Caesars Arena and other venues (mystery puck draw, online auction, annual clearance sale, etc.)
· Represent the Red Wings and the Detroit Red Wings Foundation in a positive manner as brand ambassadors, while providing world class service to our fans
· Understand the mission of the Detroit Red Wings Foundation and effectively communicate and deliver information regarding the Foundation’s charitable endeavors
· Responsible for meeting or exceeding designated sales targets and goals
· Ensure service standards are consistently met and reflected in individual shop scores and assessments
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Experience in cash handling and customer service
· Excellent oral communication skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to work expertly in a high-stress environment
· Ability to interact positively with fans and other motivated, high-energy sales teammates
· 18 years of age or older by first day of employment
· Attend mandatory group training session before the Home Opener
· Able to remain standing for extended periods of time
· Able to walk up and down multiple flights of arena stairs throughout shift
· Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
· Work 90% of home games September through April, with the possibility of post season games
· Able to work non-traditional hours according to the Red Wings home schedule including week days, weekends, and holidays
Typical Raffle hours*:
· 7:00 Game: 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
· 7:30 Game: 4:30 pm – 10:30 pm
· 8:00 Game: 2500 pm – 11:00 pm
*Subject to change based on length of game
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.