The Detroit Red Wings seek a dynamic, strategic, and innovative marketing executive to create and implement a targeted and thorough marketing and brand strategy that drives revenue growth (primarily through ticket sales and Corporate Partner engagement) and build the brand. Specifically, s/he will develop and implement a cohesive and complementary strategy that achieves both awareness and conversion throughout the calendar year.
- Develop and lead a multi-faceted marketing and brand strategy focused on enhancing revenue opportunities across all revenue streams and creating a narrative to drive compelling storytelling
- Develop best in class digital, mobile, social and content strategy aligned to overall brand strategy
- Work in close partnership with, and drive synergy between, marketing, creative, community relations, and communications efforts.
- Lead media buying strategy efforts to deliver maximum impact and identify new audiences
- Work in close partnership with the creative team to develop effective concepts designed to clearly articulate strategic communication objectives and carry concepts through development, refinement of direction, and full production of the project’s design.
- Partner with Ticket Sales, Service & Operations and other teams to conceptualize campaigns that enhance platforms and drive revenue for individual ticket sales and ancillary revenue opportunities, including merchandise.
- Collaborate closely with Entertainment, Production, and Promotions teams to maximize the effectiveness of messaging and branding both in-market and in-arena and to proactively develop unique, year-round promotional plans.
- Collaborate with the internal Data Analytics team to develop, monitor, and evaluate marketing decisions using analytics that measure outcomes and assess quantifiable metrics and develop action plans and apply learnings to leverage results that will maximize marketing and sales efforts
- Coordinate marketing efforts with Red Wings secondary market partner to creative a cohesive and complementary ticket sales strategy
- Collaborate with Sponsorships to create monetize assets that supports the Red Wings brand and partner objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field
- A minimum 10+ years of relevant marketing and communications experience in a complex, consumer-facing organization, focused on blue-chip brand development
- Strong background experience developing 360-degree, multi-faceted marketing campaigns including creative, communications, influencer, media, digital and social media marketing
- Experience leveraging data and analytics to influence marketing strategy and plans
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience leading and developing strategic channel plans and content calendars
- Proven track record of driving measurable business growth through the design and implementation of innovative marketing strategies
- Experience partnering with sales, management, and creative leaders to drive distinction in a competitive consumer marketplace
- Demonstrated background in developing various creative marketing collateral and campaigns for new and traditional media
- Experience developing and managing successful multi-year brand and conversion campaigns for prestigious brand(s)
- Office environment
- Evening, weekend and holiday hours required.