JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in the timely and accurate preparation of financial information. The incumbent performs accounting functions, data entry, and financial analysis.
- Prepare detailed financial information for use in journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly for all entities assigned and resolve variances
- Review preliminary monthly department financial statements for accuracy before they are sent out for management review
- Create and maintain revenue and expense schedules (accruals, prepaids, and amortization)
- Compile monthly ticket sales reports for tracking and recording
- Backup for all treasury functions and monthly cash reconciliations
- Assist with accounts receivable
- Maintain strong relationships with assigned entities, colleagues, and external personnel
- Assist with league reporting
- Assist with the budgeting process
- Assist with audit and tax schedules preparation
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in accounting required
- 1-2 years of accounting experience required
- Very motivated and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Team player, who can also excel on their own.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and take on new tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
Dallas Sports and Entertainment, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer