The Vice President, Corporate Partnerships, provides overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the corporate partnerships department. This individual oversees contract negotiations, pricing, rate card, asset development, and prospects. The Vice President, Corporate Partnerships, secures new partnership business and maintains and strengthens relationships with all Dallas Stars corporate partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic and cultural leader of the Dallas Stars corporate partnerships division
- Develop sales and activation staff structure to maximize efficiency and revenue growth
- Lead negotiations and secure commitments on major advertising opportunities
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with Stars corporate partner base
- Work with Chief Revenue Officer to develop short- and long-term Partnerships new business revenue goals
- Serve as the main internal representative of the corporate partnerships division to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Develop employee talent with a focus on career development and internal retention
- Integrate learnings and insights from internal business development division to inform strategic decisions
- Develop a strong network of industry counterparts for best practices and idea sharing
- Evaluate sales strategies and develop innovative opportunities for the corporate partnerships department to meet and exceed all revenue goals.
- Review and improve the way corporate partners are approached, pitched, sold, and reviewed by implementing new tactics, methods, and technology.
- Work closely with Stars media partners to achieve joint sales success via vertical integration and packaging of respective assets.
- Implement sales process tools to accurately measure and predict sales results.
- Provide regular reports and tracking of sales activity for the business development team to the CRO
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- 10+ years of sales experience securing partnership revenue with local, regional, and national clients.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the global sports partnership landscape and trends.
- Consistent track record of generating significant new corporate partnership revenue and exceeding yearly sales goals.
- Must be a hands-on manager with broad sports sales experience and a proven background in the sports industry.
- Ability to motivate others to reach individual and professional development goals.
- A history of developing sales strategies, revenue projections, and goal setting.
- An understanding of how to collaborate and communicate effectively with other departments.
- Strong leadership, decision making, relationship, and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
* This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other tasks and duties may be assigned as needed.
DSE Hockey Club, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer