Generate corporate sales revenue through marketing partnerships and premium seating sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Annually secure and renew long-term sponsorship and premium seating partnerships.
- Build and strengthen relationships with key decision-makers among local, regional and national companies by fostering trust and collaboration.
- Conduct sales conversations with key decision-makers via inbound and outbound phone calls, meetings, presentations, Nationwide Arena tours, and other effective means.
- Develop fresh, innovative and forward-thinking marketing and hospitality solutions that align with the partner's business objectives and the core culture of the Blue Jackets organization to deliver tangible Return on Investment (ROI) and Return on Objectives (ROO).
- Entry and maintenance of accounts in CRM software.
- Effectively qualify leads and maintain an active pipeline of potential business opportunities.
- Provide accurate and reliable reporting information to be used in forecasting and management updates.
- Collaborate with ticketing, marketing, communications, community development, game operations/event presentation departments to identify untapped revenue opportunities.
- Attend home games and special events to ensure fulfillment of partnerships and to entertain and engage with current and prospective partners.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals and is comfortable selling partnerships with six-figure annual spends; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction.
Consultative Selling - Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts in written and oral form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Job Knowledge - Keeps abreast of current developments in the sports sponsorship landscape; displays understanding of how job relates to others.
Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; works cooperatively in group situations; balances team and individual responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 4-6 years of experience and/or training in the sports and entertainment industry
- 2-3 years experience selling corporate partnerships in the sports industry
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered or that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity and/or expression, results of genetic testing, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by law.