Assist with the event operations of Nationwide Arena. Ensure the safety, security, and a good customer experience for our guests, partners, and employees of Nationwide Arena (NWA). Enforce department and organization policies for NWA, the Columbus Blue Jackets (CBJ), and Delaware North Sport Service (DNC) in a positive and professional manner. Control access in assigned areas and relay necessary information to appropriate parties. Monitor activity in arena and surrounding areas. Address, communicate, and assist with documenting incidents as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend pre-event briefings to obtain event-specific details.
- Greet guests upon their arrival to the arena and say farewell as they depart.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of Nationwide Arena permitted and prohibited items. Assist with Ingress/Egress crowd management and line control for all events. Conduct security screenings at entry points with the use of walk-through metal detectors. If necessary, use security wands for a secondary search. Inspect bags and other items that do not clearly pass the security screening for prohibited items.
- Assist guests with locating specific areas in the arena which include, but are not limited to, restrooms, first-aid stations, elevators, concessions and merchandise areas.
- Perform regular and routine security rounds of the arena, recording and correcting unsafe or unsecure conditions.
- Check credentials and tickets to control employee and visitor access to the arena during events.
- Monitor guests throughout events at Nationwide Arena. Contact a supervisor for assistance if at any time a guest is observed acting inappropriately, suspiciously or using inappropriate language.
- Listen to and help resolve guests’ issues or concerns during an event.
- Report to supervisor and document any incident reports including injuries or other health-related issues, lost or damaged property and alcohol-related incidents.
- Work cooperatively with all staff members, including but not limited to law enforcement officers and emergency personnel. When necessary, assist Event Security Supervisors and Guest Services Supervisors with escorting guests out.
- Assist with emergency procedures including evacuations. Ensure the safe and efficient evacuation of the facility.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Conflict Resolution – Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Safety & Security – Observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, see and communicate. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibrations, pyrotechnics, long periods of standing. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.