The Columbus Blue Jackets are seeking a passionate and hardworking individual who is committed to becoming a sales professional. Our Ticket Sales internship program is designed for students who want to gain first-hand experience on the front lines of a professional sports team. Under the direction of the sales leadership team, the intern will assist in all aspects of the Ticket Sales and Service department including sales training, event preparation and execution, database collection etc. The internship will also gain experience in other areas such as marketing, promotions and operations as needed.
Duties and Tasks
- Participate in sales training sessions.
- Manage ticket sales department inventory including giveaway and autographed items.
- Help with the preparation and execution of ticket sales events.
- Assist in the follow up of all survey responses.
- Work all season ticket holder and new business events.
- Work majority of home games by planning and executing ticket sales initiatives.
- Work within Archtics and CRM for database collection, input, and management.
- Assist in mailings and fulfillment.
- Attend weekly meetings in regards to upcoming games and events
- Assist leadership team, sales team members and other departments as needed.
- Cross train with Ticket Operations Staff as needed.
- Recognize needs of customers and present them with tailored solutions by utilizing ticket products.
- Explain how to identify and target potential season ticket and group outing customers.
- Understand how to plan an event that achieves specific objectives for the department and clients.
- 25-30 intern hours available each week both in the office and on home game days, in addition to various events
- Internship timeline – September – End of the Season
- Must be enrolled in college, Junior or Senior preferred, sports management, marketing, communication or business administration major preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds may be required
- Proof of COVID Vaccination
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.