The Marketing intern will assist the Marketing Department through contributions to the marketing & execution of key team platforms, activations at CBJ home games, and the planning and implementation of in-market grassroots events as well as in-arena events. Interns will gain unique experiences related to marketing strategy and execution, game night promotions, collegiate marketing, and event marketing activation.
Duties and tasks
- Contribute to the marketing and execution of key Marketing & Fan Engagement platforms such as Student Rush, the CBJ Bar Network and more.
- Assist with game night activation including concourse set up, plaza party operations, theme night and promotional night integration
- Execute Team events at Nationwide Arena and in the Columbus community, including but not limited to watch parties, community festivals and season ticket holder events
- Aid in the organization’s fan acquisition strategy through executions that drive data collection
- Assist in the inventory maintenance of marketing assets
- Aid in the distribution of promotional items and team schedules throughout Central Ohio
- Research and implement ideas to bolster concourse fan engagement for Blue Jackets home games
- Assist with ticket promotions such as the Blue Jackets Holiday Pack and Family Pack
- Receive exposure to the internal creative process, distribution of advertising materials, strategies, and overall goals for various ticket promotions, marketing campaigns, and other team initiatives
- Assist with fan mail requests and fulfillment
- Craft sophisticated marketing plans from research to concept, tactic development & implementation, execution & measurement
- Demonstrate strategies to connect with various demographics including college students, millennials, and families
- Describe how to execute a successful event from beginning concept to activation to summary
- 15-20 intern hours available each week in-office
- Internship timeline – September – end of the season
- Must be enrolled in college, sophomore or above preferred, sports management, marketing, business or related major is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.