The Hockey Operations Intern is responsible for assisting with various initiatives of the Blue Jackets Hockey Operations, with specifics and particulars to be determined by the Scouting Coordinator.
Duties and tasks
- Obtain and collate video related to Scouting Operations;
- Work in conjunction with the SC in collecting and collating due diligence pertaining to Scouting Operations;
- Work in conjunction with the Scouting Coordinator in collecting and organizing information for long-term projects related to hockey research and development;
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of data sets relating to hockey market dynamics;
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of data sets relating to ice hockey generally;
- Other duties as assigned.
- To become exposed to the inner workings of the Hockey Operations department of a National Hockey League franchise;
- Become knowledgeable about the issues that arise from the day to day operations of a National Hockey League franchise.
- 20-30 hours/week
- Internship timeline: September 2022 – the conclusion of the 2022-23 CBJ season.
- Expertise in problem solving;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Knowledgeable of various video cutting software;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Excellent written skills;
- Ability to intern weeknights, weekends and holidays in addition to normal business hours and home games.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.