The intern will assist the Communications staff with daily compilation and distribution of news clips and stats; management of credential process; game-day preparation and game-night responsibilities and other projects as assigned. The intern will also gain writing experience with press release assignments and game program content.
Duties and tasks
- Write and edit game-day program, press releases and other written materials as needed.
- Help compile and distribute news clips and team stats.
- Help manage game-day credential process and press box preparation.
- Game night duties involve staffing press areas and assisting in press box operations, including distribution of game reports before, during and after games.
- Assist with development of media information for Training Camp, Media Day and Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- Recognize practices, processes employed by an NHL Communications department during the course of a season. PR staff will provide shadowing opportunities during practice days, game days, press conferences and special events.
- Complete press release assignments, program content and other press materials in order to improve writing competency.
- 20 intern hours available each week
- Internship timeline – September – End of the Season
- Must be enrolled in a four-year college or university, Junior or Senior preferred, journalism or communications major encouraged.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and editorial skills.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.