Department: Rockford Business Operations
Reports to: President/GM, Rockford
The Senior Vice President of Business Operations for the Rockford IceHogs will lead all commercial and operational aspects of the organization as it rolls up to its NHL Affiliate, the Chicago Blackhawks. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the commercial and revenue generating functions, including ticket sales, corporate sponsorships, merchandising, broadcasting, digital media, and marketing.
The Senior Vice President of Business Operations, Rockford, will be responsible for building, promoting, and leading a positive company culture while upholding and working toward the vision of the Chicago Blackhawks. The SVP of Business Operations will have direct reporting and accountability to the Chicago Blackhawks Ownership and Executive Team. The SVP will lead by example and work cross-functionally to set performance-based goals that will maximize growth in the Rockford market. This role is highly visible and will require strong communication skills and will be called upon to represent both the Rockford IceHogs and the Chicago Blackhawks in a positive manner in the community and media. The SVP must maintain a humble approach and maintain the highest level of integrity.
- Create overall commercial growth strategies, including not only ticket and sponsorship sales revenue streams, but other new and innovative revenue opportunities.
- Embrace new and innovative technology opportunities to streamline processes and provide a more forward-thinking approach to all areas.
- Collaborate with Blackhawks management to reestablish the brand identity in the Rockford market.
- Utilize data and market research in building out all commercial strategies.
- Become engrained in the local Rockford marketplace, utilizing assets such as data, market research, relationship building and other industry tools to drive results in the area.
- Develop and launch a new fan engagement strategy to refresh the Rockford AHL game product.
- Drive the strategy to re-establish the relationships within the Rockford area youth hockey market and reinvigorate programs such as Jr. IceHogs and Rockford Hockey Club.
- Develop a strategy for the corporate sponsorship team to embrace small and/or independently owned businesses and create opportunities to drive revenue while supporting local commerce.
- Implement a data-based approach to analyze and solve business problems and monetize new growth opportunities.
- Liaise with Blackhawks management to leverage unique opportunities, customer experiences, operational efficiencies, and other untapped resources.
- Regularly update Blackhawks business leadership and ownership on Rockford financial and operational performance.
- Drive the organization to achieve sales goals, profitability, cash flow and positive financial success.
- Work with Hockey Operations to build a community engagement strategy and programs for the players and staff.
- Develop relationship and work closely with the management team of the BMO Harris Bank Arena on all facility matters.
- Advise and actively participate on upcoming renovations to the BMO Harris Bank Center to ensure the team plays in a modern AHL facility with best-in-class operations.
- Set and maintain rigorous financial budgets.
- Work closely with ownership and Blackhawks management to set and implement strategy for future success and growth.
- Maintain the organization’s image in the media and community, often acting as spokesperson.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure both business and hockey departments are in sync and working toward common goals.
- Foster a cohesive culture dedicated to being innovative and sales focused.
- Encourage staff to take calculated risks and try new ideas in the market for learning and growth potential.
- Collaborate with senior management and Blackhawks management to identify, hire, and develop top talent and establish career pathing opportunities for potential transition to NHL roles.
- Uphold and implement the organization’s strategy around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally, manage employees and report up to CBH/Ownership.
- Positive, high energy, mature leader with “roll up your sleeves” mentality; lead by example.
- Highly motivated and results oriented leader of both people and projects, who can attract and develop talent.
- High-level understanding of all business functions such as sales & marketing, business and venue operations, IT, HR, legal, finance, etc.
- Strong financial acumen with P&L management responsibilities.
- Analytical thinker with strong working knowledge of how data and analytics are applied in the sports/entertainment field.
- Aligns words with actions; follows through on commitments; takes ownership & accountability.
- Projects a positive image, as well as instilling trust and credibility with employees and stakeholders.
- Pristine reputation, high integrity, and ability to uphold to strong moral values.
- Ability to determine appropriate strategies while identifying and leveraging relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.