Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Accounting and Finance: Financial/Data Analyst
Revised: April 2021
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics (BSA)
Reports to: Manager, Strategy
Start Date: ASAP
The Business Strategy and Analytics group functions as an enterprise-wide service and corporate development group focused on delivering insights and analyses that drive both current performance and long-term corporate health (e.g., strategic planning, asset allocation, decision analyses, and deal structuring). This role will play a vital role in working with Blackhawks leadership and functional groups to identify and develop plans to fuel both organic and acquisitive business growth. They will also partner with the functional departments to foster an operating culture that focuses on delivering results against long-range planning objectives for the company.
Areas of focus for this role span the full P&L including ticketing, sponsorship, fan engagement, marketing, F&B, retail, and more.
- Support development of the BSA function to enable efficient, timely and actionable data-driven decisions that enhance current and future performance across the organization
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to foster cross-functional collaboration and alignment
- Lead strategy development for select business functions (e.g., ticketing, sponsorship) in support of overall enterprise strategy
- Formulate hypotheses, collect, organize, clean and analyze data, test, synthesize, develop and effectively deliver insights and recommendations through compelling narratives and presentations
- Work across business functions to develop insights and make recommendations to optimize the P&L (e.g., ticketing, sponsorship, marketing, retail, F&B)
- Build comprehensive valuation models for potential acquisition targets and potential net-new internal initiatives
- Manage incubation of new business lines and integration of acquired businesses
- Collaborate with analytics team to proactively identify opportunities to drive automation, process optimization, and analytical tool creation
- Develop network across best-in-class sports & entertainment organizations and conduct continuous market scans to identify new products, technologies, and strategies to implement
- Support creation of segmentation analyses, customer journey maps, and user personas to enhance fan engagement
- Proactively identify opportunities to drive innovation, automation, optimization, customer experience, and financial performance
- Regularly report to senior leadership on strategy progress and performance, while collaborating on go-forward initiatives and strategies
- Support, manage, or directly complete ad-hoc strategy projects
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development
- Must have high degree of financial acumen, strong financial modeling capabilities, and experience in corporate valuation and/or corporate finance
- Strong business intuition and understanding of underlying drivers of business value
- Excellent written and visual communication skills with ability to demonstrate clear, concise articulation of scenarios, options, recommendations, risks, and mitigations
- Exceptional conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills with the power to quickly frame issues and recommend creative and efficient solutions
- Capacity to lead and work collaboratively in a consultative role at all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and coordinate tasks to solve day-to-day challenges in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Values: Inclusive, team player, driven, humble, curious, innovative, positive, results-focused, accountable, coachable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development? If so, please share some details.