The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for assisting the department in creating innovative, visually impactful designs that maintain the continuity and integrity of the Chicago Blackhawks brand across both traditional and interactive media. These media include official team publications, sales collateral, marketing materials, digital/web graphics, email campaign design, logos, etc. This position balances creative thinking with a basic understanding of marketing and brand management, and requires a diverse skill set and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with the layout, design and production of game program, media guide and other official team publications.
- Assist with all graphic design/production for presentations, website and marketing materials.
- Adapt design elements to carry out the continuity of the Blackhawks brand throughout all collateral.
- Prepare final layouts for print and assist during the production process.
- Support Digital Content department with various graphics and IAB ads to be used across the team’s web and social media properties.
- Assist on location and in-studio during photo shoots and special events.
- Assist with administrative tasks for main switchboard as well as executives as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects and multi task.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in graphic design; experience in sports and/or entertainment a plus.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as directed by game and events schedule.
- Must present a portfolio of works that represents a diverse, creative skill set, including:
- Publication layout
- Identity/logo design
- Photo editing and composition
- Intermediate skill set and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design technologies. Also working knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred.
- Good design sense, with a basic understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography and composition.
- Experience with digital photography preferred.
- Background in some or all of the following fields would be appreciated but not required: journalism, social media and video production.
- Ability to take initiative, be involved, be active and be creative. Suggest new ideas and think outside of the box.
- Self starter.
- Passion for sports and specifically hockey.
- Attention to detail.
- Team oriented.