The Full-Time Ice Technician is responsible for performing all tasks pertaining to ice maintenance and related equipment. This position will also be responsible for facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Safely operate the ice resurfacer.
- Perform routine ice maintenance.
- Maintain all equipment related to ensuring the highest quality ice including edger, water treatment systems, ice resurfacer, compressor room, etc.
- Perform tasks throughout the facility related to upkeep, maintenance, and repair.
- Regularly sharpen skates for clients and rental skate inventory.
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized.
- Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Properly report and document incidents.
- Have excellent working knowledge of the facility as a whole.
- Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Takes initiative and uses problem solving skills to proactively solve or prevent problems.
- Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school degree, or equivalent training experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience operating an ice resurfacer.
- CIT (Certified Ice Technician) preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations including HVAC, fire prevention, ice refrigeration, dehumidification and other building systems.
- CPR Certification, or will be trained.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.