Provide assistance and support to the Community Relations department in all areas including, but not limited to, community affairs, charitable efforts, donation requests, etc.
- Respond to all donation requests and fulfill those that align with the vision and mission of Chicago Blackhawks Charities
- Assist and attend special events such as Four Feathers Golf Outing, annual fan convention, training camp festival, season ticketholder events, player charity events and periodic mascot and player appearances.
- Assist in special initiatives throughout the season, including Hockey Fights Cancer, USO Veteran’s Day Jersey auction, and food/school supply/toy drives
- Game day responsibilities including Split the Pot raffle, silent auction, in-game fundraisers (raffles, puck sales), USO honorees, and post-game locker room tours
- Work with department on the implementation of community programs.
- Coordinate schedule for Zamboni rides and ticket redemptions
- Responsible for maintaining donation inventory levels and assisting in team autograph signings
- Field player appearance requests and respond as needed.
- Provide up-to-date information for the Chicago Blackhawks Charities website
- Various administrative tasks such as responding to fan mail and fan pack requests.
- Various administrative tasks such as phone coverage for receptionist and administrative assistants, sorting fan mail, mailing fan packs, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be mature, responsible, innovative and able to work well independently while providing consistent updates to senior management
- Able to prioritize and complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Exceptional organizational ability, good judgment and initiative are extremely important
- Strong skills in Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as directed by game and events schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.