The Vice President of Food and Beverage is responsible for overseeing the day to day management and operation of the food and beverage department as well as driving the overall success for events at PNC Arena. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of first-hand food and beverage management experience, preferably in an arena/stadium setting. The candidate should be a proven team leader and have the ability to create and manage a positive and dynamic culture.
- Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the F&B department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Ensure that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns and deviations to Executive Management.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Collaborate with management to improve working relationships with vendors and corporate partners including contract negotiations.
- Ensure the receiving, holding and issuance of products are within quality and control standards.
- Assist in designing and engineering menus.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory regulations within areas of responsibility and reporting potential issues.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Serve as Project Manager for capital enhancements and renovations annually.
- Stay current of arena trends for both food and beverage service as well as technology advancements to better serve customers.
- Serve as Manger on Duty for department and venue as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of proven leadership and management experience in a food and beverage environment required.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented approach to both sales and service management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, establish a rapport and build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage a dual role requiring both management of a staff, as well as that of numerous business relationships in a professional manner.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as games and events dictate.
- Point of Sale (POS) System (Quest) experience strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
- Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.