The duties of a Security Officer include but are not limited to conducting building tours and patrols, writing incident reports, maintaining logs, providing building access for employees, vendors, visitors & contractors. Officers will make appropriate emergency contacts as needed, monitor security equipment and protect company and/or tenant assets while providing a safe working environment. The goal is to detect, deter, observe, and report.
Shifts are Monday-Friday, 12 am-8:00 am. Starting pay will be $11.00/hour
Officers’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
- Acting lawfully in direct defense of life or property.
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences.
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents.
- Patrol randomly or regularly building & perimeter including Carter-Finley Stadium & practice facilities.
- Monitor and control access to building entrances and vehicle gates.
- Watch alarm systems and video cameras.
- Perform first aid and first response as trained.
- Maintain fire equipment and report / fix systems.
- Handle lost and found items from events to help return lost items to guests and look in areas where items might have been lost.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess valid driver license and have reliable transportation.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must always have valid contact information on file (i.e., phone number / email address)
- Basic computer knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal & customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, walk at least ½ mile.
- Proven work experience as a Security Guard / Law Enforcement / Military or other relevant position
- Ability to operate detection systems and emergency equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail oriented
- Integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work 3rd shift and remain alert at all times.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Will be required to complete all company training and certifications within first 60 days of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.