The primary focus of this position is to develop you into a sales professional who will sell all ticket related products for the Carolina Hurricanes. The emphasis will be on Full Season, Partial Plan packages and Groups. One of the primary objectives of the Inside Sales Department is to develop future sales executives and leaders inside our organization. We are committed to providing members of our team with a strong foundation upon which you can build a career in the sports industry. You will benefit from an on-going training program where you will learn best practices, sales techniques and valuable skills that will help you be successful.
Please note: this is a 9-month sales development program that will provide you the opportunity for promotion to a full time, senior level sales position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell a full menu of ticket products including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages and group ticket packages
- Make 85+ cold calls/day from lists provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets; generate own leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through in-arena tours, external appointments, phone prospecting, social selling and events
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling ticket packages, networking, gathering leads and prospects
- Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help drive business and to meet excellent customer service requirements
- Effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products
- Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions
- Work events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives
- Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and event recaps
- Represent the Hurricanes professionally on game night while interacting with clients and prospects at Hurricanes sales tables or seats visits.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Past experience or internships with a team, college or in the sales industry is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, establish a rapport and build strong interpersonal relationships
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends as well as games and events as necessary
- Ticketing system and CRM experience preferred
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
- Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.