The Production/Event Coordinator will be responsible for supervising the operation and maintenance of all event related production equipment in PNC Arena. This position will also have primary responsibility of coordinating and managing a wide variety of events including NHL hockey, concerts, family shows and other sporting events and private functions. Duties will include, but not be limited to: coordinating production needs with touring personnel and event promoters, maintaining inventory control of all event production related equipment; supervising maintenance and operation of all electronic scoring and message systems in PNC Arena. This position will oversee, plan and implement all activities related to event planning and production as well as the coordinate the execution of event setup, changeovers and tear down with Arena Operations. Position requires conducting arena tours for various groups such as the YMCA, Boys & Girls Club etc…
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise, maintain and direct all activities related to operation of event related equipment. These include:
• House Audio
• Production Lighting System (conventional and intelligent)
• Video Display Boards
• Scoreboard System
• Audio/Visual equipment
• Assist in the training and supervision of part-time production staff.
• Set-up and operation of automatic scoring equipment.
• Attend staff meetings, supervisory meetings, and pre-event meetings.
• Prepare and/or assist in preparing event settlement and billing invoices.
• Consult with and discuss event details with Licensee/Client and with operations and support staffs.
• Develop event order and disseminate accurate Licensee/Client needs and planning information to the appropriate departments.
• Compile event notes for meetings, meet & greets, and other promotional activities and provide all technical requirements to the production/conversion staff for timely execution.
• Coordinate event and event operations to meet and/or exceed Carolina Hurricanes or Licensee needs.
• All other duties and projects as assigned by Director of Production
- College Degree in Sports Management, Communications, Public Relations, or related field or a minimum of two years experience as a sound engineer or technician in a similar venue.
- Must be familiar with the AutoCAD drafting program.
- Must have knowledge of basic math skills and electronic principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication and technical editing skills.
- Candidate must also have the ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, users, agencies and the general public.
- Candidate must have ability to stay alert and observant of surroundings and be able to interact with public in a positive and professional manner.
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and lift objects up to 50 lbs. Also must be available to work 50+ hours per week including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must pass a pass a background check
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.