Reporting to the Associate HR Director, this role would be responsible for processing payrolls accurately and on a timely basis.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process US salaried and hourly payrolls (bi-weekly & semi-monthly) as well as off cycle payrolls as necessary
- Calculate and verify each payroll and general filing of employee information and pay period back up
- Track and process commissions, bonuses, taxable benefits, per-diem, and reimbursements
- Ensure all payroll taxes are filed and paid timely across multiple jurisdictions
- Manage all year-end related activities, including taxable benefits and producing 1099s W2’s and ACA reporting and form distribution as required.
- Assist with month end and fiscal year end reporting
- Prepare and post all payroll entries to the general ledger.
- Build and maintain trusted working relationships by providing excellent customer service and contributing to a positive and efficient working environment
- Ensure compliance with payroll and employment laws, rules, and regulations and keep up to date with developments in these areas
This is not a remote position. Candidate must be able to report to the office on a daily basis.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years payroll experience required; experience processing multi-state payroll strongly preferred.
- Experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry a plus
- Working knowledge with payroll, HRIS and time & attendance systems is preferred, experience with UltiPro, ABI and Intacct would be an asset
- Capable of handling confidential, sensitive and personal information
- Strong planning and organization skills to determine priorities and produce accurate results while meeting strict deadlines
- Well organized with superior attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and ability to multi-task daily
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact professionally with internal customers.
- Must pass a criminal background check
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
No calls or inquiries from Placement or Staffing agencies please.