Responsible for greeting guests in a 160 person seating area that overlooks the arena bowl. Ledge servers are to check the guest's ticket and provide the guest with a voucher for food and/or beverage depending on the event. Once tickets are checked and vouchers are handed out, the main focus is quick and courteous beverage service throughout the event.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exhibit professional and courteous behavior at all times
- Present a neat and tidy appearance while adhering to uniform standards
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Possess a general wine knowledge and be able to assist guests with wine selections
- Maintain the proper care of equipment and food & beverage items
- Create a pleasing atmosphere for patrons and their guests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to carry a tray of drinks while walking up and downstairs
- Willingness to learn and utilize POS system and be responsible for cash/credit card sales
- Willingness to adhere to all North Carolina health codes and policies, all Alcohol Service Policies including NC - ABC & ALE regulations, as well as PNC Arena policies.
- Complete routine and special tasks as related to the Catering Department
- Assist with set up and break down of private parties on the Ledge as needed
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Strong customer service and communication skills are necessary.
- A minimum of 1-2 years previous food and beverage, waiter/waitress, or cocktail server experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to walk up and down stairs as work duties demand.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs unassisted.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including home hockey games, home basketball games, and a variety of concerts and family shows scheduled on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.