The Carolina Hurricanes are seeking a hard-working and reliable individual with an interest in sports entertainment and marketing to work as a part-time seasonal entertainment intern for the 2022-23 season. This position will report to the entertainment manager and work alongside our entertainment staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and execution of Carolina Hurricanes in-game entertainment and on-ice sponsorship activations, promotions and contests including but not limited to: promotions on and off the ice, anthems, youth skater, honor guard, pre and/or post-game ceremonies, intermission entertainment, siren sounders and giveaways.
- Administrative tasks as assigned performed in office for a set number of hours a week.
- Support ideation and development of in-game entertainment; including on-ice promotions, video pieces, fan interactive elements, mascot skits, etc.
- Responsible for inventory management, prop maintenance and storage upkeep and organization.
- Serve as a stage manager on game nights, assisting our promotional team to achieve their assigned tasks and providing assistance when needed. Duties include, but are not limited to, working closely with the stage manager, escorting of Olympia riders from their seats, helping with fan tunnels, selecting contestants, set up and tear down of arena signage, photobooths and props, execution of on-ice games, flag waving and sign holding, rolling and tossing t-shirts and dropping parachutes, taking photos and staffing concourse activations and fan engagement and interaction as a brand ambassador.
- Assist with setting up and breaking down arena signage, staging and props.
- Act as liaison for contestants, performing talent, honor guard, anthem singers, siren sounders and special guests.
- Provide impeccable customer service, quality fan interactions and successful arena operations. Possess excellent people skills, with an ability to interact professionally with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the Hurricanes, maintaining professionalism and good judgement at every home game.
- Provide assistance to Carolina Hurricanes’ mascot, Stormy, as needed.
- Assist with ancillary events in and out of the arena when necessary.
• Must be able to work most, if not all, home games and arrive at least two-three hours prior to puck drop if not more; flexible schedule needed including nights, weekends and holidays. Ability to work outside of normal business hours/days (i.e. game days or offsite events).
• Knowledge of the game of hockey, the NHL and the Carolina Hurricanes preferred.
• Must be able to think creatively, react responsibly and contribute positively to a team environment.
• Willingness to take direction from several supervisors and adhere to all company and program policies and procedures.
• Ability to work under high pressure situations with excellent composure. Able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced, high intensity environment.
• Highly organized with excellent administrative and time management skills.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information.
Education and Experience:
• Degree or working towards a degree in sports management, entertainment, event management, hospitality or related fields preferred.
• One year of relevant live event management experience preferred but not required.
• Must pass criminal background check.
• Physical Demands and Work Environment including:
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to walk across ice surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds to different locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.