The Carolina Hurricanes are seeking qualified candidates for part-time Community Events Staff positions within the Community Outreach department for the 2022-2023 season. The focus of this position is to expand our brand presence in the community and at Hurricanes home games.
The Community Outreach department strives to bring the excitement of hockey and the Hurricanes brand to all ages! Through a wide range of Community Outreach programs, the department not only connects with our biggest fans, but those who have never picked up a stick or witnessed a professional hockey game. Community activations include youth hockey and education programs at local schools, financial and in-kind support of the nonprofit community and presence at social events throughout North Carolina.
Please note, this position is event-based, and hours depend on event schedules.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Event set-up and breakdown (events include festivals, races, nonprofit or school fundraisers, and food truck rodeos)
- Managing inflatables, Mobile Marketing Unit, and other activations during events
- Willingness to travel within North Carolina for events
- Provide exceptional customer service to fans, event attendees and corporate partners in attendance
- Be available to assist with Carolina Hurricanes Foundation special events and game-day activations, including 50/50 Raffle
- Community Events Staff will gain experience in event management and community relations
- 80% availability for games is required
- Must possess a personable demeanor, excellent customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in promotions, entertainment events, and/or customer service is a plus
- Must be able to lift at-least 50 lbs.
- A desire to learn and work within the sports industry is necessary.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- The hourly rate for this position is $10.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.