PNC Arena and the Carolina Hurricanes are in search of a full-time HR Coordinator. This position will assist Human Resources with day to day operations for our 180 full-time and 1500 part-time employees. The successful candidate will also serve as payroll backup for processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls as needed.
- Assists with entering new hire data into the timekeeping and HRIS system and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Performs background checks for new hires
- Enters information from new hire I-9 forms into E-verify system
- Responsible for maintaining active and terminated employee files including filing documents into appropriate files.
- Respond to daily routine HR and Payroll inquiries
- Responds to employment & wage verifications
- Work closely with HR and Payroll on assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with recruiting efforts and represent company at job fairs as needed
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment
- Assist with employee appreciation programs and diversity initiatives
- Assists or prepares correspondence as needed
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions
- Be the primary backup for processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls
- Perform other HR and payroll duties as needed or assigned
- College or equivalent degree in Human Resources strongly preferred
- 1-2 years HR experience strongly preferred
- Previous payroll experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic human resource practices, including human resource compliance
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and ability to prioritize work load
- Previous experience with HR/Payroll systems and timekeeping systems. UltiPro/UKG and ABI preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and helpful attitude
- Must pass criminal background check
This is a non-exempt hourly position
This is not a remote position. Candidate must be able to report to the office on a daily basis.
No calls or inquiries from Placement or Staffing agencies please.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.