The General Manager is responsible for the financial and operating performance of PNC Arena and serves as the primary liaison between Hurricanes Holdings, LLC (HH) and North Carolina State University. The General Manager oversees the day-to-day operation of the facility by supporting and directing staff and departments including operations, maintenance, event production, food and beverage, booking, arena marketing, ticket operations, event services, security, and parking.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Develop standard operating procedures consistent with company policies and procedures; ensure all are implemented and adhered to by all full- and part-time employees.
- Evaluate implementation and coordination of plans, programs, and events to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Conduct post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Negotiate contractual terms of agreements with suppliers, vendors, and event organizers for goods and services, as well as activities at facility.
- Evaluate facility practices and recommend improvements to support the needs of the facility, and/or to improve the efficiency and safety of the operation in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare annual operating budget; monitor and approve expenditures to ensure cost efficiency.
- Prepare recommendations for capital improvements to submit the governing body of the facility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the governing body of facility, tenants, government departments and agencies, sports and entertainment industry, community and civic organizations, CVB, employees and guests.
- Provide internal and external organizations, agencies, departments and individuals a timely and effective response through all forms of communication and personal contacts to maintain the integrity of the facility.
- Ensure facility and event operations are compliant with federal, state, local, and company regulations.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of arena/stadium operations in a senior position strongly preferred.
- Active listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and lead business relationships in a professional and confidential manner.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Proven track record of leadership abilities including but not limited to integrity, influence, and business ethics.
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry.
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations. Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the sports and entertainment industry.
- Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management.
- Knowledge of booking events in the entertainment industry.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions.
- Flexibility to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check
No calls or inquiries from Search Firms or Recruiters please.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.