The Garde Manager Chef is responsible for the organization and preparation of all cold and hot foods in a manner that is consistent with VAB Catering standards.
- Culinary degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in large volume F&B preferred
- Serve Safe certified
- Prepare all food according to recipe and production sheets
- Assist Executive Chef and Banquet Chef with production of banquets & outside parties
- Complete assigned projects within allocated time sequence
- Maintain work area, coolers and dry storage in a clean and orderly fashion
- Assist in inventory control and management of cost of goods
- Required to use safe food handling practices and all appropriate health department rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and follow both written and verbal instructions
- Ability to adhere to building policies and event requirements
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and general public in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs of product unassisted
- Ability to remain alert and observant in order to prevent accidents and safety problems
- Ability to work irregular hours including and not limited to more than 60 hours per week, as well as nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.