The Event Manager has the primary responsibility of coordinating a wide variety of events including Carolina Hurricanes and NC State Men’s Basketball games, concerts, family shows, meetings, and special events—both indoor and outdoor. The Event Manager, along with their department, works closely with event representatives and venue staff to ensure the success of each event.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage relationships between touring representatives, promoters, meeting planners, vendors, and venue staff in advance and day of event as the primary venue contact to plan, organize, and support all operational needs for events as assigned.
- Advance assigned events with designated event representatives. Compile and disseminate detailed information for all events and share through written and verbal communication with venue staff in a timely and professional manner. Including, but not limited to setup sheets, venue diagrams, and meetings.
- Purposefully and creatively plan all events to meet the needs of clients while problem-solving and identifying ways to maintain operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with venue staff and event personnel to ensure the successful execution of event setup, changeovers, and tear down in accordance with event needs as well as fire, safety, and health codes.
- Build event diagrams using AutoCAD software to support ticket on-sales, stage builds, etc.
- Manage multiple and various types of events, projects, and tasks simultaneously with a high level of proficiency, while still meeting deadlines.
- Assist in managing the relationship between the labor companies and other vendors as applicable to support event execution.
- Support events by ordering any special request items such as furniture, special effects, or other approved items.
- Provide client itemized cost estimates for expenses determined by requirements of event prior to the event.
- Assist with pre- and post-event settlements as well as billing by providing all necessary information and documentation.
- Ensure venue policies and procedures as well as local and state guidelines are upheld on both event and non-event days.
- Develop a camaraderie and effective working relationship with team representatives, clients, venue staff, and service providers.
- Produce a post event report at the conclusion of assigned events
- Develop relationships with other venues in sharing information and best practices to better prepare for events.
- Conduct building tours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration, or a related field preferred. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Event Manager in a similar venue and working with comparable events preferred.
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment event management and/or event operations.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to sustain a positive attitude and strong decision-making skills in a fast-paced and active work environment.
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative with a solution orientated mindset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be extremely organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Union and promoter experience preferred.
- Understanding of Technical Riders and production documents for live events.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information and issues worked with.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, users, vendors, and labor companies.
- Must be able to procure rentals for events.
- Must be able to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays as events dictate.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time and climb stairs as needed. Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.