Carolina Hurricanes/PNC Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Raleigh, NC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
The Director of Safety & Security is responsible for creating, developing, and implementing comprehensive 24/7 Venue Safety and Security, and Event Safety and Security programs for PNC Arena. This position is heavily involved in creating, updating, and delivering annual safety training to part-time and full-time staff of PNC Arena.
The Director of Safety & Security is also responsible for overseeing the venue’s physical security of 9 full-time employees and approximately 300 part-time event employees including Event Security, 24 hour Security, Fire Watch, Off Duty Police personnel and the K2 Solutions Canine team. This position also oversees the security monitoring systems of PNC Arena Warehouse and Carolina Hurricanes Practice Facility.
- Oversee all aspects of the Safety and Security department including but not limited to development of exceptional service programs, hiring practices, training & retention for non-event and event personnel, daily venue activity schedule, access control, venue hardening and safety Inspections. Employees, guests, NC State, Centennial Authority, NHL Representatives and promoter accreditation, video surveillance system, guest screening (walkthrough and hand held, Sniffer and Bomb Dogs) and establish ejection and arrest procedures, prohibited items, and behavior rules, incident report/documentation, keep incident statics, schedule CPR and AED training and local responder training and exercises.
- Schedule staff using an electronic scheduling and management system (ABI) for events and venue safety and security
- Prepare an annual budget and operate within established financial parameters
- The appearance of staff is essential to presenting a professional posture. Maintaining Uniform Inventory and staff distribution is a key element to our image.
- The Director must have a working knowledge and comply with all National Hockey League, Atlantic Coastal Conference, NC Fire Marshalls Crowd Management, NC Alcohol Law Enforcement, IAVM Safety and Security Best Practices, and all other applicable Laws and Regulations, including Inclement weather
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal emergency services personnel such as Police, Fire, EMT’s, FBI, AFT, FEMA and Homeland Security as it relates to standard practices and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Create and execute the facility’s command center operation plan for event and non-event days, and maintain our MOU with the National Guard as established to utilize their facility as our off-site emergency operations center.
- Develop and deliver written documentation pertaining to safety & security plans for small, medium, and large events, as well as the normal day to day operations of the facility.
- Develop and provide updates to the Public Safety Policy Manual.
- Provide training, for the National Fire Protections Association and IAVM’s Life Safety Training as required, for Public Assembly Personnel and PNC Arena.
- Develop Active Shooter Plans and Protocols
- Handle any escalated issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Create a credential program for staff and coordinate electronic access control systems including employee badge and key card systems throughout the facility.
- Actively seek creative and cost-effective solutions in the company’s overall operation as it relates to security and customer service.
- Utilize and manage our on-site incident reporting system and storage of all after-action reports for all events and non-event related incidents.
- Develop an inventory, storage, and issuance program for key venue assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited College/University in Business Administration, Criminal Justice or related field, or equivalent experience in similar role required.
- 5+ years of security management experience in a high-profile sports and entertainment venue strongly preferred.
- IAVM Certified Venue Manager certification strongly preferred
- IAVM Venue Management School strongly preferred
- IAVM AVSS strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with local law enforcement, federal law enforcement and Homeland Security strongly preferred.
- Previous experience managing staff for major events (attendance over 15,000), and developing and executing emergency evacuation plans for staff and guests strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Working knowledge of DHS/FEMA’s five mission areas
- Knowledge of National Fire Protection Associate Life Safety Code 101 and 102 regulations as well as NFPA Crowd Managers, Assembly Occupancies and SFPE Handbook.
- Ability to stand, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds, unassisted.
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic working environment while multi-tasking.
- Ability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both oral and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, One Note, and Outlook).
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Have you ever been convicted or pled guilty to a crime excluding minor traffic offenses? If yes, fully explain. A conviction does not necessarily exclude you from employment.