Sports Jobs in Raleigh, NC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Parking Operations
The Director of Parking and Traffic will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day Parking operations of PNC Arena. This position requires a self-motivated individual with the capability to provide excellent customer service to all clients both internally and externally. The Director will also be responsible for developing traffic operations plans for a variety of events, demographics, attendance patterns, and coordinating effective traffic flow onto and out of PNC Arena property. The Director will coordinate plans with Local and State Law Enforcement Agencies, City and State DOT Officials, and North Carolina State University Athletic Department and community as necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate the arrival and departure routes for expedient ingress and egress of Arena guests in a SAFE manner.
- Oversee the coordination of local and state traffic officials regarding needs on local highways for all events.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate part-time staff. Address disciplinary issues as needed.
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of accountability for cash and ticket controls for parking admission revenue.
- Coordinate the planning of staffing needs and deployment for ingress and egress traffic.
- Contact guests that have questions or concerns about parking or other Arena issues by person, telephone, e-mail, or written letter resolving any parking issues.
- Plan and design: full-time employee parking passes, all Arena traffic signage, all Arena event parking passes and tickets.
- Serve as a liaison for traffic concerns with the Centennial Authority, North Carolina State University Athletic Department, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, and North Carolina State Department of Transportation, North Carolina State Highway Patrol, City of Raleigh Department of Transportation and the City of Raleigh Police Department.
- Develop and implement a capital and operational budget for all purchasing needs within the parking department.
- Maintain PNC Arena owned vehicles, to include, repairs, cleaning, registration and training of drivers.
- Maintain Fleet Management Program Insurance Requirement.
- Review and audit payroll reports using ABI software to ensure payroll correctness.
- Coordinate with contract vendors for parking lot paving, painting, cleaning, snow removal and vehicle tow services.
- Coordinate surveillance of parking lots during events.
- Responsible for completing and reporting incident reports dealing with property damage, injuries and accidents on Arena property.
- Facilitate local emergency medical, fire and police activities including traffic flow and staging.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3-year prior supervisory or management experience required
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to react to changing demands efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able the communicate via portable radios, cell phones and other communication devices
- Must be knowledgeable and able to operate cars, trucks, golf carts, trailers, vehicle hitches, portable lights and generators, barricades, traffic cone, and signage and move equipment.
- Must be able to move and/or carry 75 pounds
- Prior high-volume cash handling experience strongly preferred
- Must be fluent in English, both written and oral
- Willingness to work in inclement weather conditions
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Have you been previously employed by PNC Arena? If yes, when and in what department?
Have you ever pled guilty or been convicted of a crime excluding minor traffic offenses? If yes, explain fully. A conviction does not necessarily exclude you from employment.
Do you have at least 3 years supervisory or management experience? If yes, explain fully.