The Digital and Social Marketing Manager is responsible for the ongoing oversight of the Carolina Hurricanes owned and paid digital marketing channels in alignment with business strategies and direction. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy.
- Manage the strategy and execution of all digital marketing campaigns utilizing display, retargeting, search, email and paid social channels.
- Supervise full-time Marketing and Social Media Coordinators, interns and game-night social media staff.
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator and Design team to plan and traffic digital marketing copy and creative assets.
- Monitor digital advertising dashboards and provide reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Optimize digital marketing campaigns based on key metrics including CPM, CPC, conversions and overall traffic.
- Work with the Social Media Coordinator to develop and execute strategies for the Hurricanes’ social media accounts, including live coverage for all home and away games.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop digital marketing plans to support their objectives.
- Assist in shaping the organizational "voice" on social media.
- Create digital campaigns that integrate with traditional media and the organization’s larger promotional strategies.
- Provide opportunities and fulfill obligations for sponsorship and ticket sales campaigns utilizing digital marketing channels.
- Work with the Business Strategy & Analytics department to identify database segments and develop targeted campaigns.
- Flexibility to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- 4+ years of experience desired in Digital Marketing, preferably with a sports team or large brand
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Communication, Marketing or Advertising
- Experience requesting and assessing digital marketing proposals from various media and advertising outlets
- Knowledge of digital marketing current best practices and understanding of digital production processes
- Knowledge of strategic planning and processes for brand management and creative development
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Borderline nerdy excitement for Excel spreadsheets and diving into data
- Results-oriented with the ability to quickly produce content and adapt on the fly
- Thorough working knowledge of all major social platforms
- Experience with writing, editing and crafting content for the social media space
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Real-world experience planning social media programs that span owned, earned and paid channels
- Experience placing and optimizing paid social media campaigns
- Understanding of graphic design principles and a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with content management systems and digital vendors
Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.