The Community Events Manager is responsible for managing Carolina Hurricanes community and grassroots marketing events including but not limited to: external marketing events and Mobile Marketing Vehicle (MMV) events supported by the NHL’s Industry Growth Fund (IGF) program. The position will assist in organizing and managing the schedule of the Hurricanes brand at community events, fairs, festivals, and sporting events around the Carolinas. Through a wide range of initiatives, activations and community events, this role promotes the Hurricanes brand and hockey to a broad audience in the region. All responsibilities aim to support the organization’s key objectives which are to increase revenue, build and increase brand loyalty and recognition, develop new leads, and position the team in a favorable light in the community.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day scheduling, operation, event planning and execution of community events and the MMV
- Assist and help coordinate additional brand-focused external events
- Manage all marketing and promotional activities tied to community events and MMV
- Research and book events that are aligned with the Hurricanes target audience
- Manage expenses and keep accurate reporting for the team and NHL – IGF
- Manage the maintenance of the MMV and the fan interactive elements to maximize the life expectancy of the equipment
- Manage and schedule part-time staff at all community events
- Manage set up, tear down and execution at all community events
- Prepare post-event reports that include key metrics such as community event attendance, fan touch points, events costs, positive/negative fan feedback, fan ticket inquiries, overall assessment of event, etc.
- Produce annual mid-season recaps and annual end of season summary kits for each MMV sponsor, the team, and the NHL
- Meet with MMV sponsors at the end of each season to complete a year-end review and needs analysis
- Become versed in all facets of Hurricanes organization to be able to articulate to fans including but not limited to: ticket plans, community outreach, brand pillars and youth hockey initiatives and programs
- Provide excellent customer service as a brand ambassador at all community events and MMV events
- Assist with other Community Outreach department duties as assigned while working cross-functionally throughout the organization
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, event management, or a similar field strongly preferred
- College degree and customer service experience preferred; team and/or sports experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs on short notice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Valid NC Driver’s License and acceptable driving record is required
- Ability to set up and move displays weighing up to 100 Lbs.
- Ability to represent the Carolina Hurricanes in a positive light
- Must pass a criminal background check
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.