The Arena Accountant is responsible for various accounting and financial reporting functions of PNC Arena, Carolina Hurricanes and related entities and will report to the Controller.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and enter standard and adjusting monthly journal entries.
- Prepare balance sheet and bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure a timely and accurate month end closing process.
- Produce monthly and annual financial statements, along with in depth variance analysis, for management.
- Prepare, maintain, and track financial information in Excel and Intacct accounting system.
- Review and authorize payment requests for the Arena in compliance with policy and procedures.
- Perform financial settlements for Arena events including negotiations at the close of each event.
- Produce event profit and loss reports for all Arena events.
- Maintain and create event scheduling in employee management system (ABI).
- Administer Nexonia expense reporting system.
- Compile and report on relevant arena operating financial activity under the terms of the lease agreement.
- Coordinate and prepare the Arena annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Coordinate field work with auditors for annual audit.
- Assist with Carolina Hurricanes Foundation accounting.
- Complete quarterly/annual music license reporting.
- Complete mandatory government survey reporting as needed.
- Drive process and reporting improvement initiatives within the Finance Department.
- Establish and maintain detailed documentation on the processes and procedures of accounting functions.
- Perform other various duties as needed.
Qualified candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA certification or candidate is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have a thorough understanding of the complete accounting process. The candidate must be able to work efficiently and independently with strong attention to detail. Strong knowledge and skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products required. Experience with Intacct and TicketMaster a plus. Accounting system report writing experience a plus. Position requires flexible work schedule including some nights and weekends during concert/show events.
Must pass a criminal background check
No calls or inquiries from Placement or Staffing agencies please
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.