The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for administering disbursements and performing various administrative functions for the Carolina Hurricanes, PNC Arena and related entities and will report to the Controller.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Record invoices into accounting system with proper coding and support
- Initiate payments in the form of ACH and domestic/international wires using online banking systems/vendor portals as well as preparing printed check runs
- Manage petty cash fund
- Monitor accounts payable ledger to ensure payments are current
- Evaluate and track use tax related to incoming bills
- Setup and maintain vendor accounts within accounting system
- Complete credit applications for prospective vendors
- Resolve vendor and employee inquiries regarding unpaid bills
- Administer annual 1099 reporting process
- Plan workload to ensure a timely and accurate month-end closing process
- Prepare, maintain, and track financial information in Excel and accounting system
- Perform other duties as assigned within the accounting/finance department
Qualified candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business or related field preferred
- Related experience in accounts payable. Financial experience in sports & entertainment industry preferred
- Experience using accounting systems (especially Sage Intacct) is preferred
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently with strong attention to detail
- Basic Excel skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Must pass a criminal background check
This is not a remote position. Candidate must be able to report to the office on a daily basis.
No calls or inquiries from Placement or Staffing agencies please.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.