TD Garden and Boston Bruins jobs
Sports Jobs in Boston, MA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Our Exciting Work Environment
The Boston Bruins have been entrenched in the fabric of New England for nearly a century. Established in 1924, the Black & Gold are one of the Original Six NHL franchises along with the Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. The franchise’s six Stanley Cup championships (1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972, 2011) are tied for fourth all-time with the Blackhawks.
Visit the Boston Bruins’ website at http://www.bostonbruins.com
TD Garden, home to the Bruins and its loyal bastion of fans, is located in the heart of historic downtown Boston and holds a capacity crowd of 17,565. As New England’s largest sports and entertainment arena, TD Garden is the home of the storied NHL’s Boston Bruins and NBA’s Boston Celtics franchises and hosts over 3.5 million people a year at its world-renowned concerts, sporting events, family shows, wrestling, and ice shows. Please visit www.tdgarden.com
to learn more. The Opportunity
- The Director of Creative Services serves as the lead designer and oversee creative resources for all divisions of the Boston Bruins, TD Garden, and related Boston-based business lines. He/she will direct the conceptualization and design of creative deliverables, encompassing a massive scope of work with tight deadlines, management of projects from a vast number of contacts within the organization, and very high expectations of creative output.
- Oversee creative services team comprised of three designers and develop and manage the processes and workflow to meet the demands of Boston Bruins and TD Garden business lines. Ensure an effective, efficient and responsive work environment that is creatively inspired and forward thinking.
- Actively manage the high-profile brands (NHL Original Six Boston Bruins, top ranking arena TD Garden) in all design applications and development of alternative logos and creative concepts. Ensure consistency, develop brand standards and support the evolution of the brands.
- Oversight of the creative design resources for TD Garden, Boston Bruins and related business and brand entities.
- Lead creative design by taking part in strategy sessions, developing concepts, socializing process, building consensus and optimizing design outputs.
- Stay in tune with industry trends, from design theory to skill development and creative resources.
- Conceptualize and design graphics projects for departments within the Boston Bruins (Marketing, Community Relations, Alumni Relations, Boston Bruins Foundation, Communications, Fan Relations, Box Office, and Ticket Sales), TD Garden (Marketing, Public Relations, Garden Neighborhood Charities, Boston Garden Society, VIP Ticketing, Box Office and Ticket Sales) and all other departments with the Delaware North Boston family of companies (Boston Bruins ProShop, Boston ProShop Online, Boston Seasons at City Hall Plaza, The Hub on Causeway, North Station Parking Garage, New England Sports Museum, Sportservice, Boston Garden Collectibles).
- Present and sell through design recommendations. Revise designs based on collective feedback. Manage creative services team and overarching project management scope of all creative deliverables.
- Develop and maintain processes and workflow to ensure effective, timely and inspired design output.
- Ensure success, and teach and train best practices.Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to ensure design resource optimization and delivery of brand and design goals for all entities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in creative design.
- Expert knowledge of design applications including Adobe creative suite, Photoshop, In Design, and select others.
- Proven collaboration and leadership experience with direct design resources oversight.
- Minimum 7-10 years professional experience in graphic design, with majority of experience as an in-house graphic designer.
- Preferred to have at least 5 years’ experience in graphic design in fast-paced and dynamic industry categories.
- Conceptual thinker who is able to take nominal direction and extrapolate this information into strategic design recommendations that meet brand and business objectives.
- Seasoned professional who is skilled in the presentation, explanation, and selling of graphic design projects to internal constituents. A polished and diplomatic communicator who is able to interact positively with all levels of colleagues—from the Executive Team to associate level staff.
- Ability to receive and discuss critical feedback so as to keep creative discussions positive and productive.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure.Familiarity with production process of complex creative projects, such as ticketing.
- Experience recruiting, managing, motivating, and mentoring a team of full time associates Travel: 1-5%
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you at least 18 years or older? (Y/N)
Are you authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N) Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to continue working in the United States? (Y/N)
Have you worked for Delaware North before? If so, where and when?
What are your salary range expectations?
If applicable, are you willing to relocate and work on-site?
Do you have experience managing a team of designers?
If you have not included on your resume, please provide a link to your portfolio.