Job Title: Senior Manager, Premium Activation
Department: Corporate and Premium Sales
Reporting: Director, Premium Activation
The Senior Manager of Premium Activation, under the direction of the Director of Premium Activation will oversee a year-round business development platform to aggressively serve Premium Partners as well as being a point of contact for Arizona Coyotes Premium Partners delivering high level customer service and communication. This position will be critical in strengthening Premium Partner relationships and achieving departmental success. This role with work very closely with the ticketing and corporate partnerships department to develop and execute client engagement experiences to impactfully enhance retention, new business acquisition and overall revenue optimization objectives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leadership role focused on creating and executing a 365 Premium engagement platform, including a touch-point campaign each season to ensure that a mutually beneficial relationship is being developed and deepened with every Premium Partner.
- Planning, coordinating, and acting as the direct liaison for all VIP and premium events and experiences.
- Lead the fulfillment and service of suite tickets and other Premium assets.
- Prepare contracts and proposals for potential Premium Partners and Loge Box Members.
- Comply with all departmental CRM guidelines to ensure information is accurate, deliverables are tracked and fulfilled, and account information is up to date at all times.
- Identify revenue generating opportunities for sales personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to connect with, and relate to, all levels of staff, management, clients, and vendors.
- Create database of customer profiles to deliver customer preferences and individual needs.
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships, Ticketing, Marketing, & Hockey Operations departments to deliver value-additive experiences to Premium Partners (including, but not limited to special Premium Partner events, private team functions, gifting and other NHL/Gila River Arena/Arizona Coyotes events)
- Manage the relationship between the customer and our food and beverage service provider, from a premium services perspective.
- Collaborate with the Ticket Sales and Corporate Partnerships team to develop, maintain and enhance a 365-day platform designed to increase value across all three key revenue streams (ticketing, premium, corporate partnerships).
- Execute special projects creating and presenting a strong strategic vision.
- Analyze and implement new initiatives based on an understanding of industry market trends.
- Seek opportunities to connect with Premium Partners to build effective and meaningful relationships with principals and administrators.
- Assist in planning and executing all Premium Partner events and functions, including: Suite Tasting, Suite Administrator Party, Kids Clinics, Trips, and other special receptions.
- Partner with the VP of Premium Partnerships and Premium Partnership Sales Managers to develop integrated inventory management plans to maximize sales and revenue opportunities for all premium products.
- Work closely with other business units to create synergy and promote total integration.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to create, update and edit premium partnership proposals
- Will maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and of web tools and software being used
- Maintain all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations
- Will collaborate with Premium Partnership Managers on the relationship management of accounts
- Will generate and properly distribute electronic and hard copies of proposal presentations and information
- Develop and deliver components of sales presentations in a professional and effective manner when needed
- Will participate in Premium team meetings, provide agenda items to discuss, generate meeting minutes and provide meeting communication updates to all parties involved
- Assist with the generation and organization of content for the Partner newsletter
- Responsible for tracking all invoices and expenses against budget
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- The ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop solutions quickly and effectively
- Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the EVP of Corporate & Premium Partnerships
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, marketing or related field required
- Previous experience managing premium suites for a sports team a plus
- Planning and executing VIP level events and experiences in the sports industry.
- Marketing or advertising experience a plus.
- Sports and entertainment event fulfillment and activation experience a plus
- Experience creating effective sales proposals
- Experience working with client accounts and within the sales environment also a plus.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Office equipment
- Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, Archtics
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.