Job Title: Manager, Strategy & Analytics
Department: Business Intelligence
Reporting: Director of Strategy and Analytics
The Arizona Coyotes are looking for an analytics professional to join our dynamic data-driven department within the Coyotes organization. The manager will be a part of a group that is responsible for strategy across all facets of the business side of an NHL team; accordingly, this role encompasses responsibilities of both a data analytics and strategic nature.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience consolidating disparate data sources into a single data warehouse and developing the analytical tools, reports and dashboards to drive business strategy. The ideal candidate will also have management experience (both project and personnel), and have the ability to assist with the preparation of creative materials that succinctly and effectively tell a story.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Creating analytical frameworks, models, reporting structures, visualizations, and evidence-based tools and strategies to aid in empowering leadership’s ability to make decisions in a disciplined, intentional, and effective manner.
- Defining trackable and impactful KPI’s and success criteria that are digestible, defensible, and actionable for a given project, and associated regular status updates thereafter
- Building and maintain dashboards and other data visualizations that aid leadership in understanding high-level organization and project status
- Work closely with data warehouse provider (KORE) to ensure all data is aggregated appropriately, data quality standards are maintained, and reporting is accurate
- Continuously analyze, and propose optimizations to, the club’s BI technology stack while implementing research-based industry best practices
- Serve in a project management capacity for various ongoing projects, pursuits, and internal business initiatives
- Maintain ‘first-pass’ responsibility for associated business-related artifacts, such as: slide decks, one-sheeters, analytical frameworks and models, data visualizations and dashboards, project ROI calculations, team status reports, product roadmaps, etc.
- Cultivate strong stakeholder relationships with Coyotes executives and department leads that foster effective cross-functional collaboration and alignment
- Support other ongoing business projects and priorities within and involving the Arizona Coyotes on an ad-hoc basis as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5+ years of sports, data analytics, finance, corporate strategy and/or, management consulting experience, with a preference for roles in those industries that have a large data analytics component
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to quickly distill complex concepts into interesting and digestible pieces
- Understanding of complex digital ecosystems and metrics available for collection
- Significant experience with quantitative analytics and ability to draw a story out of data
- A natural curiosity about technology as well as a creative and risk-taking mentality
- Ability to manage long-term projects, as well as quick turnaround assignments
- Experience with Microsoft Office, CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot), and Project Management tools (e.g. Jira, Trello)
- Experience with data analytics-related tools (e.g. SQL, R, Stata, Python, Excel Power Query) and data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI)
- Experience with Ticketmaster Archtics, KORE, Ticket Sales, Pricing Analytics, and Dynamic Pricing strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful and disciplined, with strong emotional intelligence and self-motivation
- Experience and comfort with client-facing presentations and interaction
- Comfort with and disciplined to manage highly sensitive confidential information
- Willingness for infrequent domestic travel and occasional game day/night attendance at home games during the season
Material and Equipment Used:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.