Job Title: Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reporting: EVP, Corporate & Premium Partnerships
Responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through the integrated packaging of Arizona Coyotes assets in the areas of signage, radio, digital, publications, promotions, tickets, suites and hospitality. The candidate will also be responsible for the overall management of several existing corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial market activation programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Prepare and present proposals to corporate decision makers.
- Contribute to premium partnership sales & market penetration objectives, including but not limited to selling suite leases and single event suite rentals.
- Work closely with the EVP of Corporate & Premium Partnerships, the Senior Revenue and Innovation Strategist and other members of the corporate & premium partnership team to develop investment categories and key exclusive partner elements to establish investment level status.
- Work closely with assigned corporate partnership service managers to ensure contractual fulfillment with an emphasis towards developing strategic activation programs aligned to partners business and marketing objectives.
- Generate a pre-determined level of new business revenue for the Arizona Coyotes with special attention to net revenues.
- Maximize category yield in all major categories through the sale of fully integrated partnerships.
- Manage expense budgets related to the implementation and execution of corporate partnership agreements.
- Prepare periodic sales analysis reports; generates other analytical reports as needed or requested.
- Work game days and special events to entertain existing and potential future partners and prospects.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization (including the Tucson Roadrunners) on corporate partner related programs including game operations, community relations, public relations, ticket sales, marketing, hockey, and ASM Global facility operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Minimum of 7 years of major/ minor league or similar level corporate partnership sales and activation experience.
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team sales goals.
- Possesses natural leadership qualities, and understands group goals and sales strategy.
- Superior knowledge regarding the practices and principles related to consultative selling and strategic activation.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with corporate clients and co-workers.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Solutions oriented, problem solving mentality a must.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, be willing to learn and have a burning desire to succeed.
- Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Education and Formal Training:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Previous experience with SponsorUnited, Kore or other revenue producing software a plus · · Degree in sports management/marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of minor/major league level corporate partnership sales and activation experience preferred.
- Experience in the marketplace preferred
Material and Equipment Used:
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.