The Vice President of Business Development will oversee the strategy, execution and leadership of the Business Development team. They also will be responsible for recruiting, training, and developing our Business Development team. The VP of Business Development will report to the EVP of Ticket Sales and Strategy and will be responsible for establishing and implementing a sales plan designed to meet or exceed the annual sales goals set by the executive team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create, implement, execute sales campaigns for products to be sold by the sales team; includes coordination with marketing and analytics in the production of sales collateral for campaigns as appropriate.
- Create Inside Sales department and hire Manager of Inside Sales.
- Develop the sales journey, appointment process, and closing strategy while proactively planning, adapting, and implementing virtual selling tools.
- Establish and implement a sales strategy to increase revenue through season memberships, flex packages, premium seating, group sales, and special offers.
- Provide consistent reporting information by maintaining accurate daily, weekly, and overall updates of sales, outbound metrics, and sales event recaps.
- Lead, motivate, develop, and coach sales staff for future succession and opportunities with the Coyotes organization.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with all members of the Business Development team; establish and communicate clear sales revenue goals and provide appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Create and implement market research plan for corporate sales initiatives.
- Manage and evaluate Business Development team’s performance on an on-going basis including annual reviews for all team members.
- Create, monitor, and manage budgets for the Business Development team.
- Work with the EVP of Ticket Sales and Strategy and other senior executives on the research, analysis, and execution of any strategic planning for Ticket Sales, Service, and Operations.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and maintain the Business Development team.
- Manage appropriate client and hospitality visits on game and event days.
- Works with EVP of Ticket Sales and Strategy to create innovative ways to sell, promote and activate season memberships.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as assigned by the EVP of Ticket Sales and Strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Must be able to competently analyze and prioritize information to make appropriate sales recommendations.
- History of top revenue production for a sports and/or entertainment organization.
- Strategic business planner with process-driven mindset and attention to detail.
- Skilled at setting and running sales meetings with the ability to effectively pitch and present premium products.
- Deep knowledge of the corporate sector and demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders in market.
- Strong sales training background with a passion for teaching the sales process and coaching a diverse team of sales professionals.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across all departments and have a team-first mentality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating, and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees, and vendors.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree Minimum
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, fax, and ticket printers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.