We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Rinks, Westminster ICE Skating School Lead is responsible for programming, promoting and administering figure skating programs including group, private lesson instruction, shows and competitions.
This position is responsible for the following areas:
Program Administration: Selecting, hiring, training and disciplining of Skate School Instructors as well as managing payroll and contractual issues in conjunction with HR and aligning with the Company. Maintain statistical and financial information on Skating School business, forecasting and managing operations budget including labor, marketing & administrative costs & projecting revenue. Schedule Learn to Skate classes and Skating instructors, develop curriculum, increase/retain Learn to Skate and figure skating programs and organize, promote, produce shows and competitions.
On-Ice Program Leadership: Evaluate instructor performance and ensure students advance in skating skills including testing and approval on progression stages within the programs. Communicate effectively/promptly with customers, parents and students.
Marketing/Liaison: Advertise, promote skating programs, shows, summer programs, seminars, competitions, test sessions in cooperation with local Figure Skating Club. Cooperate with Marketing on promotional materials, including Social Media and with Programming on master ice schedule. Communicate with Rink Operations managers ensuring open lines of communication between Skate School and Rink Operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- iAIM Certified Skating Director, Senior or Master rated in Group Instruction or Master rated Program Director through Professional Skaters Association preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge in Ice Skating Institute (ISI), US Figure Skating, Learn to Skate USA, Professional Skaters Association
- Hold ratings through the Professional Skaters Association, preferred
- Experience and background in the sport of figure skating.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of boots, blades and skating apparel
- Excellent Customer Service, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and early mornings/late evenings.