We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is responsible for teaching skating skills in groups, support company or facility events, and promote The Rinks while embodying the company’s values and mission.
- Instruct group classes in various formats including our Learn-to-Skate Program, Home School Program, community classes, facility and company sponsored events, figure skating camps, etc.
- Follow the facility’s Learn-to-Skate curriculum (based on U.S. Figure Skating’s “Learn to Skate USA” model)
- Assist in the production and promotion of facility shows and competitions
- Provide positive, constructive feedback when evaluating skaters
- Maintain a professional and ethical approach to growing clientele
- Meet all company standards and comply with instructor guidelines.
- Interact with customers in a welcoming and professional manner while promoting The Rinks’ values.
- Communicate facility and company program information to guests and support the company’s pursuit of excellence in all areas of figure skating, hockey, and recreational skating.
- Provide recommendations for skater advancement through the programs offered in The Rinks facilities.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Experience in the sport of figure skating including competitive history, show experience and/or coaching
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Figure Skating, Learn to Skate USA, Ice Skating Institute, and the Professional Skaters Association.
- Actively pursuing education opportunities within the sport and has a PSA Basic Accreditation
- Presents a consistent professional, motivating, enthusiastic teaching style and able to direct a class efficiently using time management skills. Able to maintain accurate records.
- Passionate about growing the sport of figure skating and involved in the growth of the sport
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills, including enjoying interacting with guests and creating a welcoming environment for skaters. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals with varied personalities and at different levels
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and early mornings/evenings
- Possess the ability to communicate The Rinks vision and commitment to quality service, products and entertainment.
- Is a service-minded, self-starter who is highly motivated, possessing characteristics of energy, enthusiasm, assertiveness, drive and a sense of fun. Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.