Public Safety Officer
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Summary: The Public Safety Officer, reports directly to the Assistant Manager-Building Security. Responsible for building security for the Honda Center on event and non-event days.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Assist building employees and guests as necessary
• Responsible for preparing reports for assistant Security Manager for approval..
• Conduct security video camera surveillance and Control-100 operations.
• Respond to fire alarms and work with Building Engineering.
• Available to work all three shifts (Day, Swing, and Graveyard)
• Conduct foot patrols, ensure all assigned areas are patrolled, and ensure a secure environment. Reports directly to the Assistant Security Manager-Building Security of all safety concerns.
• Comply with all payroll policies and procedures.
• Attend all annual training for assigned Security Officers.
• Submits uniform orders and maintenance requests to Assistant Security Manager.
• Assist with ramp/dock operation; control all vehicle/pedestrian traffic, deliveries, contractors, and coordinates with all departments for “outside” scheduled appointments.
• Assists Assistant Security Manager with special projects and assignments.
• Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
• Work well under pressure; ability to think clearly in emergencies, giving accurate instructions and information to others
• Must present clean, neat professional appearance at all times
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Familiar with DHS-ICS 100 emergency procedures.
• Familiar with Microsoft Word/Excel
• Forklift Operators Certification (must obtain within 6 months of employment).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.