Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
This is a part-time, non-exempt position located within the Food and Beverage Department at Honda Center. The responsibilities of the position are to assist the F&B Accounting Department with various tasks related to Accounts Payable and Receivable. This position reports directly to the F&B Controller.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Assist F&B Accounting department with opening mail, inputting payables, mailing checks, filing invoice/check support, and other department filing needs
• Maintain A/P invoices and files timely and accurately; Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment; Prepares invoices for A/P checks
• Assist with follow-up and research on open/outstanding A/P invoices; manage vendor statements and reconcile on a monthly basis; communicate with external vendors.
• Maintain A/R documentation/invoices and files timely and accurately; assemble invoices for payment processing and customer inquiries; prepare and maintain event direct bill items such as intercompany working-meal receipts, Suite billings and invoices, etc.
• Perform follow-up and research on open/outstanding A/R invoices; manage customer statements/aging reports and communicate to Accounting team when payment is past-due; communicate with internal and external customers.
• Assist in annual audit requests, pulling invoices, event-based documentation, and check support; photocopying and emailing documents.
• Perform administrative support for the Accounting Department including, data entry, filing, photocopy, scanning, opening and distributing mail, and other administrative departmental tasks as assigned
• Assist in other F&B Accounting projects and tasks as needed
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High School Diploma required
• 1+ year of previous experience performing accounting related tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with Microsoft NAV accounting software preferred
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to clearly express and address objectives
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong ability to work efficiently and accurately, even with deadlines
• Customer-service oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.