The participants will work under the direction of the Motor City Rockers front office to assist in team and community activities for the organization. We are looking to fill multiple roles for this summer and next season starting in October 2023.
The interns will obtain various skills while working closely with all members of the Rockers front office through hands-on experience assisting with office, gameday and community relations needs of a professional sports team.
Our interns will have the ability to work in one of the following functional areas:
- Game Day Operations
- Front office
- Social Media/Video/Graphics
- Group Tickets and partnership sales
- Enrolled undergraduate or graduate level student pursuing a degree in sport management, business, communications or related field
- Strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in sports and/or retail preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends during the season
This is a non-paid internship. When negotiated with each individual college, credit will be granted. There is parking reimbursement.
The Motor City Rockers are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.