Sunrise Sports & Entertainment, LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliates (Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Ltd; Arena Operating Company, Ltd.; Incredible Ice, LLC) are equal opportunity employers and adhere to and believe in equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability or other characteristics protected by applicable law. In accordance with legal requirements, reasonable accommodations will be made to allow individuals to participate in the application process. Should you desire accommodation, please make your request known to the Human Resources Department.
2018 Operations Intern
The Florida Panthers are the hottest team in the NHL. We are a driven, energetic, and spirited team whose performance on and off the ice has grabbed the attention of the sports world. We are in search of a college or graduate students with the right combination of initiative, organizational and skills, and enthusiasm, to help us grow.
This intern will assist with event coordination, including meetings, rehearsals, concert load-in/load out, concerts, hockey games, changeovers and other specialized services.
Key Focus and Learning:
• Assist event personnel with various functions and troubleshooting/problem-solving During events as required.
• Assist with administrative duties of the department, including budgeting, cost control, equipment inventory, preventive maintenance, record checks, safety reports, event follow-up, and payroll functions.
• Assist with administrative and daily technical support functions, including sound systems, lighting, heating, cooling, staging, video presentation, and ventilation.
• Assist with any particular project(s), for example, energy management reviews, structural steel comparisons, concert staffing, emergency evacuation planning, fire safety programs, handicap accessibility reviews, computerized equipment controls analysis, and technical manual review and analysis.
We are looking for:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel
• Must be organized and enjoy detail
• Flexibility, ability to accept direction and constructive criticism, as necessary, and to work on multiple projects
• Must be independently motivated
• Shared passion for the business and a desire to positively influence the business