The Florida Panthers are the hottest team in the NHL. We are a driven, energetic, and spirited team whose performance on and off the ice has grabbed the attention of the sports world. We’re in search of a college or graduate students with the right combination of initiative, organizational and skills, and enthusiasm, to help us grow.
This intern performs general office duties such as filing, copying, creating worksheets, as well as works on special projects, which may include internal audits and accumulation of data for analysis. The finance department attempts to involve interns in all facets of the operations for the intern to better understand the role of the finance department.
Key Focus and Learning
• Assist in the preparation of tax information for various entities and jurisdictions
• Update excel workbooks that summarize information such as insurance policies or sponsorship contracts.
• Assist with actual vs. budget comparisons
• How to work with daily cash deposits, cash receipts, and resolving cash receipt discrepancies
• How the Accounts Payable department operates
• How to perform general accounting functions
• How to achieve account reconciliations
• How to gather information to compile monthly financials
• How the month end close process functions
• How to research support documentation
We are looking for:
• Strong organizational, planning and implementation skills; acute attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Significant computer experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays.
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to work unsupervised and to function both independently and as a team member
• A shared passion for the business and a desire to positively influence the industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.