Job Title: Senior Content Producer / Editor
Department: Game Presentation/ Content Production
Reports To: Senior Director of Content Production
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers just had their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement and a busy 2022 concert schedule. Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena and are currently renovating the FTL War Memorial in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
The Florida Panthers seeks an experienced shooter/editor to fill the role of Senior Content Producer at the Florida Panthers Hockey Club. The Senior Content Producer is responsible for creating dynamic video features for in-game use, online/digital or sales/corporate marketing. The Senior Content Producer will also be responsible for managing and creating original content for episodes of the Uncaged series for the Florida Panthers Hockey Club. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Content Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Best candidates have an extreme love of storytelling through video editing techniques
- Must have a full range of production experience, writing, producing, editing and directing.
- Candidate has a strong point of view and will be a driving force in the overall feel and direction of content production.
- Must have a minimum 5 year of production experience working for a Sports team.
- Candidate may assist in some capacity in the execution of the in-game show for all Florida Panthers home games, and any other FLA LIVE arena events as needed.
- Qualified candidate is a self-starter with the ability to create short form promos to full length features.
- Organize, execute and supervise production shoots, edits and in-game entertainment features.
- Acts as a mentor to junior content producers and freelance staff.
- Coordinate maintenance and service of any department related equipment as needed within the FLA LIVE arena.
- Manage and operate all production equipment, which may include (but not limited to) lighting, cameras (RED Komod, Canon C100, Audio recording etc.
- Candidate will be assigned other duties as applicable. (This would include file management, organization of content across many different platforms and software, etc.).
- Bachelor degree in Communications and/or 4 years of experience in video editing/Shooting.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the sports entertainment field.
- Excellent writing/editing and communication skills.
- Must possess strong production skills and a thorough, hands-on working knowledge of video, HD display operations and integrated audio in a live sports entertainment environment.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of video production including (but not limited to) editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and the Adobe Creative Suite. Proficiency with After Effects, Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus.
- Works well under pressure, self-motivated and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A good team mate, must be able to work well with other editors, graphic producers and game presentation staff in order to collaborate and establish an effective workflow within the team.
- Must be able to adapt to ever changing requests, edits and/or revisions and must be able to take direction and produce an approved finished product in a timely manner.
- Flexible in working hours including nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Four or more years of experience in script writing or equivalent is a plus.
- Candidate MUST be able to supply web-links to completed work, demo reels or any other content, which validates their application and work experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt position. Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.