Last Updated: November 2021
Job Title: Manager, Retail
Department: Merchandising - Pantherland
Reports To: Director & VP, Retail & Merchandise Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization lead by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by new General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are off to their best start in franchise history. Off the ice, the business team is seeing growth across all key metrics including ratings, social engagement and a busy 2022 concert schedule. Meanwhile the organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena, and recently purchased the FTL War Memorial in Downtown Fort Lauderdale to build a new practice facility and concert venue.
The Retail Manager will oversee in-venue retail, ecommerce and product fulfillment. Reports to Vice President of Retail and Operations and Director of Retail Operations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct product fulfillment for in-venue stores, ecommerce, and internal requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Maintain processes and reports for all merchandise and retail functions
- Ensure that customers are receiving an exceptional fan experience
- Manage customer service inquiries and issues
- Work closely with VP of Retail and Retail Director and support as needed
- Assist department with entering purchase orders
- Assist department with Concert Retail Events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in retail management, preferably in sports
- Strong decision making, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-changing environment
- Able to maintain and build effective relationships with cross-functional team
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience & proficiency with Big Commerce E-commerce, Retail PRO and management systems, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Canva
- Ability to work nights, weekends and events as needed
- Passion for diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
- Ability to work under fluid deadlines and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt position. Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, and Sanza Food Service we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business. Our approach to DE&I is focused on five key pillars: Employee Engagement; Education; Workforce Diversity, Communications, and Community Impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired COVID-19 Vaccination Card